Learn a strong foundation for critical thinking as a yoga teacher.
Become a 200hr Yoga teacher with In Greece this summer.
Fall 2018 join the 200 hr training at Purple Om Yoga
Details coming soon!
“I cannot imagine having done my training with any other teacher. Nancy is loving, compassionate and very supportive. She creates a safe space that fosters community and an environment that is fertile for learning and growth. You really get a well-rounded education in anatomy, yoga philosophy, breath work and yoga forms. Her focus is on helping you build the skills needed to transform yourself first so that you can then feel empowered to transform and impact your community.” – Tefany Santana, Newark, New Jersey
200+ HR Yoga Impact Course Content:
* Establishing a Strong Yoga Practice – Understanding how to develop your home practice and use it to create your teaching style.
* Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga – Understanding how the components and mechanics of the human body relate to the experience of yoga, both anatomically and esoterically
* Teaching Methodology – Learning the skills of seeing, listening and responding with compassion and clear guidance.
* In-depth Asana Training-Building a clear foundation for building safe, strong and expansive poses and Sanskrit terms
* Introduction to Pranyama -The art of breathing is the thread that binds our practice to our spirit
* Introduction to Dhyana -The art of meditation or concentration is the path that grounds our practice in the present
* Introduction to Yogic Spiritual Doctrine and Philosophy – Study of the Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
* in-Depth Study of the Yamas and Niyamas – Looking at an ethical approach to our relationship with ourselves and others
* Practicum – Developing and teaching a class with feedback
* The Yoga of Business – Setting goals, marketing and continuing education
* Introduction to Ayurveda
* Practical Nutrition
* The business of Yoga